Sunday, December 9, 2012

Does your daughter have a Barbie Dream House?

Q. They cost $119 at Toys R Us. Is it worth it?

I had one when I was little and it was great, but I have heard people say that these new ones are cheaply made and not worth the money because everything falls apart.

If your child has one, what was your experience? Also, how old is your child?

A. My girls don't have the barbie dream house but they do have a big barbie house. It was a hand me down from a friends daughter. They played with it for about 2 days. The thing is my daughters have a lot of barbie furniture (I have twins so we tend to have 2 of everything) They prefer to make *rooms* with the furniture on the floor instead of using the house. I'm getting a friend to make them custom barbie houses out of MDF. That way they can have the rooms set out how they want and in the colours they like. Shop bought barbie houses usually only have one bedroom. In my experience from being a huge barbie fan growing up one bedroom is never enough! She has to have rooms for her sisters, a nursery, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, lounge and garage! I used to make rooms for my barbie furniture on the rug or on the shelves of a bookcase. I had hours and hours of fun!

In respose to imana's answer with regards to Barbie dolls creating a bad body image for young girls, I think the Bratz dolls create possibly the worst image ever. Botox lips, skimpy clothes over use of make up. lets face it bratz look like hookers. Hmmm lets see what Bratz do for a living... models and fashion divas what a great role model. At least barbie has had many careers in her lifetime. Also barbie has a close bond with her sisters which creates family values. If I had to choose between bratz and barbies I know what choice I would make.


How to write a good resume?
Q. i'm 15 right now and I'm trying to get a summer job. I found a good one down at toys r us. The problem is, they wanted a resume and honestly I have never written one. Can anyone help me by giving little tips and pointers on what to add or not. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

A. The overall objective of a powerful resume is to exhibit relevant information about your career achievements, growth and academics in order to grab the attention of the Recruiter.

A resume could act as a job landing savior by catching the eyes of the Recruiter or could prove fatal and will be shown the face of the Trash can in the very first go. Another aspect of the same thing is that a good resume will give you an edge among the rest and you can enjoy the command of the employer�s attention.


Where can I work after Christmas season?
Q. I was hiered at Toys R Us for the holiday season but now I need to find another job. I think that all retail stores are letting people go. I need to find a job and can't afford to wait a months when retail may start hireing again. Does anyone know where I can find a job. By the way I only have a high school diploma, graduated 2010.

A. Check out all local businesses and restaurants. Also local papers and your Employment Security office. If there are any temporary services offices they could possibly get your foot in the door at some ground level jobs. Then of course friend connections or people from your local churches as well. You may consider a career option of trying to go back to school. In some instances trade schools tend to pay off in better future earnings and faster than a 4 year college degree. Good luck.


what is the minimum age to become a sales team member at toys r us?
Q. What are some other jobs that a 17 year old can do at toys r us

A. Try their website: http://www.toysrusinc.com/careers/student-programs/





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment