Saturday, December 8, 2012

Will they take my moms food stamps if I get a job?

Q. Okay well Im 16 years old & I was planning on applying at a Toys R Us. In the application they ask me if I had received food stamps within the last 6 months. Will they take my moms food stamps away If I get hired? If so, is there any way that I can get a job without that happening? Thanks .

A. It is based off of total family income, but most likely the amount you make will not greatly affect the amount she receives.


How often do jobs look at applications that were filled out online?
Q. I took this entire day to fill out a whole bunch of applications online. I applied for starbucks, walgreens, target, toy r us, and subways. Does anyone know how often these websites check online applications, and is it a good idea to print out all applications to the stores that I applied to and take them to the stores personally even if I already applied online?

A. its best to call after and see if they had time to look at ur application. but do it in a respectful way they like to u show initiative


How can I make my job application look good ?
Q. I've been trying to get a job at toys r us , target, starbucks, baby gap, old-navy and pandera . But how ! ? I know i can qualifications to work at the places but I can't get a job there ? The application online so i want to know how i can improve my job apps. Is it also my availability ? for example i would say 4pm-9pm everyday then saturday and sunday i would put open availability. I'm only 17 and for those job you have to be 17.

A. Call up the company before hand ask who the store manager is and if their hiring, if not would it be fine to leave an application for next recruitment drive. When you go to the store hand it in with a cover letter (dressed casual/smartly) expressing how much you'd love to work for xxx job and what qualities you have gained or have to offer. This cover letter will be sincerely too <<insert store managers name>> have it in an envolope with <<insert store managers name>>

4-9 is only a 5 hour shift and what if the store stays open til 11. Maybe 4 til close would be better. You can also mention why you can only do those hours but how flexible you are. Ask your parents to write the cover letter or make another question so we can offer more help.


Should I call an employer about the status of my application?
Q. So, I put in an application at Toys 'R' Us and I've had two interviews already. The manager told me I got the position but all they were waiting on was for my background check to clear. I'm certain it will. He said they would contatct me to schedule me for orientation either Wednesday or Thursday. Should I call them or wait for them to call me?

A. You have to be aggressive in this job market. Especially with so many people out of work. Employers have stacks of employment applications.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment