Monday, December 10, 2012

How will opening and closing a credit card affect my score?

Q. My wife and I opened a credit card at Toys r Us to get an additional 15% off our order. Once it comes in, we plan on paying the entire bill and then calling to cancel the credit card. How will this affect our score versus leaving the card open and not using it?

A. As always initial credit applications decrease your score 5-10 points depending on the bureau. This is meant as a deterrent for application-happy people. It's honourable of you to just pay the card off and close it. The thing is once you have that credit line it will be used to calculate your credit score, closing the card will make that number fall because the line isn't available for calculation. It'll take longer for your score to recoup the 5-10 points than it did to lose them. A better idea is to just pay the balance and not use the card. Just tuck it away somewhere safe and because there's no annual fee (check for inactive fees) there's no cost to you. If need be, just use it sparingly to buy stuff for your kid(s) to keep the card active.


Where can I find the online Toys R Us online job application that I can print out and fill out?
Q. I live here in Chicago and Toys R Us is hiring and has tons of jobs and needs tons of workers for the holiday season and I want me a job at Toys R Us only thing is when I go to this site
http://www.job-applications.com/toys-r-us-application/
and click on the link that says apply for jobs at toys r us online,a message come up saying the page could not be found.

A. Really? I just clicked the "Apply for Jobs at Toys R Us Online" link and then the "Official Toys R Us Job Application Website" link. It took me right to all the listings. I just clicked Illinois > Chicago and it showed me all the jobs (there are tons).

Try again. perhaps it's a computer issue. maybe your firewall is preventing the page from opening or something. idk.

keep trying, it works for me


What stores are open early for Black Friday?
Q. What stores open Early for black Friday? Chain stores, like Best Buy Toys R US..ETC.

I know that Target Opens at six and Khols opens at 4. Anymore?

Thanks


PS: Star if your shopping Early!

A. macys
sears
kmart
circuit city
wal-mart
amazon
pacsum


How can I make my job application look good ?
Q. I've been trying to get a job at toys r us , target, starbucks, baby gap, old-navy and pandera . But how ! ? I know i can qualifications to work at the places but I can't get a job there ? The application online so i want to know how i can improve my job apps. Is it also my availability ? for example i would say 4pm-9pm everyday then saturday and sunday i would put open availability. I'm only 17 and for those job you have to be 17.

A. Call up the company before hand ask who the store manager is and if their hiring, if not would it be fine to leave an application for next recruitment drive. When you go to the store hand it in with a cover letter (dressed casual/smartly) expressing how much you'd love to work for xxx job and what qualities you have gained or have to offer. This cover letter will be sincerely too <<insert store managers name>> have it in an envolope with <<insert store managers name>>

4-9 is only a 5 hour shift and what if the store stays open til 11. Maybe 4 til close would be better. You can also mention why you can only do those hours but how flexible you are. Ask your parents to write the cover letter or make another question so we can offer more help.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment