Monday, December 10, 2012

How do I sell a toy to a customer?

Q. I have an interview for Toys R Us tomorrow, and someone I know who had an interview today called me and told me that in the interview we will be expected to try to sell a toy to the interviewer. I have absolutely no experience in sales. Can someone please go over with me the approach to selling a toy/merchandise? I need an asap answer. :/

A. Well talk about the quality of the Toy. (example: It's worth the price because it's going to last much longer than a toy you would by at a discount store.)
Talk about the safety of the toy (maybe mention that toy r us toys are approved and talk about what prevents the child from being hurt with it.)

And sweet talk the costumer. (have them imagine their child playing with this toy and how enjoyable it is. talk about the unique features it has and how it will always keep them entertained.)

Hope this helps


What are the best toys for a 9 month old and where is the best place to buy that isn't expensive?
Q. My LO is crawling around now and getting into everything. I figured he might be bored.
I have a few toys, but I wanted to get more, a lot more.
I've been to Toys R Us a few times and it's great. But my friend said for that I'm better off going to yard sales or thrift shops. Is this true?
If I wanted to buy from ebay what keyword would I use? I've done a few searches but nothing good comes up.

A. yep and try consignment shops. Why pay more when you can find the same things at great prices somewhere else. Unless you have a problem with used stuff...which some people do.

Don't do ebay High prices!!!


What company makes that child's orange and yellow toy ride on car you used to see everywhere?
Q. Years ago they used to have these plastic orange cars with yellow roofs, kind of like a toy VW beetle, that children would "drive" and it had a little horn that beeped. The only time I've seen them now is in grocery stores built into carts. What company makes that and are they still for sale? If so, where can I buy one? (I'm guessing Toys r Us or Amazon but couldn't find them when I searched!)

A. Little Tikes


How to come up with a great sales pitch for a kid's toy?
Q. Tomorrow I'm going in for a group interview at Toys R Us. I've been doing a bit of research of what kinds of questions they'll ask during the interview. One thing they might potentially do is set you up in a group & tell you to sell a toy to the class. I want to be prepared as possible so what would be a great sales pitch, let's say for a toy plane?

A. Well. Younger children tend to not care about materials. If you can, throw numbers at them like "Maintains a charge for up to 2 hours!" Or something along those lines. Also if you move from fact to fact too quickly the kids will feel.... how do I say it.... intimidated? One, final thing. The older the children, the more advanced vocabulary. A 12 year old doesn't want to be talked to like a 6 year old. Get what I'm saying?





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment