Monday, December 10, 2012

How to follow up after applying online for a seasonal position at Toys "R" Us?

Q. So I applied online for Toys"R"Us for an hourly seasonal position. Was wondering how exactly to follow up over the phone and when it would be proper to? What should I do to get myself and noticed and land an interview? Would walking in be a better follow up than phone? How long would it take for them to go over my application and contact me?

A. call them then say...hi may i please speak with the manager..if they ask what is this regarding say just following up on an aplication..then once the manager answers say..hi my name is (full name) i applied on (date here) and i just wanted to follow up on my application and wanted to know if you would happen to have any positions available for me...

This is how i now have my job at target.


What are good answers for online applications?
Q. All those questions are so tricky! Strongly Aggree, Agree, Disagree, Strongly dissagree.
Sometimes I want it in the middle. Whats the trick? I've applied to babies r us, toys r us, home depot and more...
Can someone PLEASE tell me something about online applications? I'm doing it perfect(i think)...maybe its just Michigan..lol

A. Strongly agree, agree, disagree type of questions, gotta love em!

There is pretty much 1 of 2 ways to go at these questions:
1. Answer honestly
2. Put the answers you think that particular company wants to hear and the answers that you think best fit the job you are applying for

I wouldn't stray from either of these two metohds - use one and only one, otherwise the company will see that your answers weren't accurate. Take the approach that you haven't been doing. I'd put some thought into it and go with #2, its got me a few jobs :-D Good luck!


Are online job applications a waste of time?
Q. I have invested a lot of my time into this. I have applied for Best Buy, Sports Authority, AMC Movie Theaters, Toys R US, Taco Bell, Sears, Auto Zone, Home Depot, Macy's, Pizza Hut, Petco, Jersey Mike's, Starbucks, Boston Market, TGI Friday's, and I believe that's it or there's more lol. But not once have I got a phone call or got an email. I mean who looks at the online applications when you sent them.

A. Not really


is it safe to fill out an online application?
Q. i went into toys R us the other day and they told me i had to fill it out online......i got to the point where you had to put down your social security number i was and still are skeptic about putting it down. I mean i would do it if it were on a paper application or a application computer at their store like the ones they got at target and walmart. ohhh yeah im also 16 years old.

A. Is it a job application? And is the site secure? Does the site URL start https? The S means it is secure.
~
If secure it is ok to give them the info they seek. They won't consider you for a job without your social security number.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment