Sunday, December 9, 2012

How to follow up after applying online for a seasonal position at Toys "R" Us?

Q. So I applied online for Toys"R"Us for an hourly seasonal position. Was wondering how exactly to follow up over the phone and when it would be proper to? What should I do to get myself and noticed and land an interview? Would walking in be a better follow up than phone? How long would it take for them to go over my application and contact me?

A. call them then say...hi may i please speak with the manager..if they ask what is this regarding say just following up on an aplication..then once the manager answers say..hi my name is (full name) i applied on (date here) and i just wanted to follow up on my application and wanted to know if you would happen to have any positions available for me...

This is how i now have my job at target.


Where can I find the online Toys R Us online job application that I can print out and fill out?
Q. I live here in Chicago and Toys R Us is hiring and has tons of jobs and needs tons of workers for the holiday season and I want me a job at Toys R Us only thing is when I go to this site
http://www.job-applications.com/toys-r-us-application/
and click on the link that says apply for jobs at toys r us online,a message come up saying the page could not be found.

A. Really? I just clicked the "Apply for Jobs at Toys R Us Online" link and then the "Official Toys R Us Job Application Website" link. It took me right to all the listings. I just clicked Illinois > Chicago and it showed me all the jobs (there are tons).

Try again. perhaps it's a computer issue. maybe your firewall is preventing the page from opening or something. idk.

keep trying, it works for me


How can I get a job? I'm a highschooler looking for a part time job?
Q. I really want to get a job at Toys R Us. Their website says that I should apply online, but I heard that handing in an application in person is better...so which way should I apply?

Also, if a job listing was posted 10-20 days ago, does that mean the position has already been filled? For example a new restaurant opened in my town a month ago, is there any chance that I could still get a job there?

Thanks.

A. Follow their guidelines to apply online. Then also create a cover letter and resume (you can learn how online or from books from the library), and go in and meet the manager of that store. (Know the name of the manager first and when they are in). Go in and introduce yourself and tell him/her you applied online, are really interested in working there (learn something about the company and say WHY you want to work there--1 point, something short--) and give manager your resume and cover letter. If anything comes up, they would most likely call you first. Apply to all stores like this in your area, in case an opening at Toys R us does not materialize. Good luck.


How do I get a job in one of these stores?
Q. I work nights in a assisted living facility and am so ready for a change plus its really hard on my back lifting people and such. I really want to get a job in safeway or toys r us or or rgis inventory or a store like that but I never did it before and I keep applying online and never hear anything back. How do I get a job like this? I keep applying every few months and no one ever contacts me back.

A. Most places like this don't call back. You need to call them. This shows you're taking responsibility and following through, and that you actually want the job. If they say they haven't looked at your application yet, give them a week and call again, and keep calling until they give you an answer.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment