Sunday, December 2, 2012

How often do jobs look at applications that were filled out online?

Q. I took this entire day to fill out a whole bunch of applications online. I applied for starbucks, walgreens, target, toy r us, and subways. Does anyone know how often these websites check online applications, and is it a good idea to print out all applications to the stores that I applied to and take them to the stores personally even if I already applied online?

A. its best to call after and see if they had time to look at ur application. but do it in a respectful way they like to u show initiative


What places will hire you for minimum wage jobs with no experience?
Q. I am 19 and i've never had a job that's legit enough to put down on an application. Does anyone know of some good places that will hire you without experience? I've applied to kmart, target, long john silvers, sheetz, cvs, quaker steak & lube, & toys r us/babies r us. Any suggestions?

A. While you keep trying to get a paying job, enquire about volunteer work with a charity ( you don't get paid) so you can learn a few skills. It always looks good at an interview to say I have been helping out doing charity work, employers think that's great.
Then you will have some experience and you will have been doing some good for others at the same time. A win win situation I'd say.


when should i expect a reply for my online job application?
Q. i applied for a job at toys r us like 1 month ago and i still have not recieved a reply. When should i kno whether i got the job or not, summer is coming soon.

A. generally(not always) applying for a job on-line is a waste of time unless you are applying for a corporate or management position.

applying on-line for national retailers(chains) and food service type service positions are best done at the location you would like to work. by the time the actual location that is hiring gets an on-line application forwarded from a corporate site the positions are usually filled. there are more then enough applicants walking in the front door to staff most businesses.

there are those situations where there is a shortage of local talent to hire from but that is rare. some businesses that are franchisee owned may have their own web-site that is not associated with the parent company again that is rare.

applying for a corporate position or if the prospective employer is in another city and are actively recruiting state or nation wide then applying on-line is appropriate and advantageous.


What should I put for this part of an application?
Q. I'm filling out a job application for Toys R Us and in this one area it says:
"Desired Hourly Rate of Pay (enter dollars and cents without the '$' sign, eg., 0.00)"
____________

I really don't care how much I get paid. And I don't know what amount of money I should put.

Thanks=)

A. Start pay at the toys r us that I work at is $7.65. Doesn't really matter what you put in there because it won't make a difference on what they pay you. You will get what everybody else gets for a starting pay even if you put you will work for free :)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment