Sunday, December 2, 2012

I want to get a credit card to build credit, are there any companies that will give me one? Any suggestions?

Q. I tried to apply for a bill me now program at Toys R Us and was denied because I didn't have credit. I remembered my teacher saying to build good credit, get a credit card, buy something little (like gum) pay it off when the bill comes, then never use it again (cut it up). Which company will give me one because I have no credit? Is this a good way to build credit?

A. The first person is correct. You'll need to open up a secured credit card (from any bank). With that, you give them a cash amount (usually $300 or $500) and that will become your collateral and credit limit.

After a year, if you make the minimum monthly payments on time, you have established a credit history and shouldn't have a problem receiving a regular credit card. You also get your money back once the terms end.


**Oh, and don't buy gum and cut the credit card up. You'll need more than a month to establish credit. In fact, you'll need some form of open credit for the remainder of your life. The longer your credit history (assuming you pay all the bills on time) the better your chances for a new car, home, loans etc in the long run.

Welcome to adulthood!!


How to buy online without a credit card on toys r us?
Q. Please help I'm trying to buy something online from toys r us I don't have a gift card what should I do I would go to the store but it doesn't have the item

A. i think your out of luck. You have to have a credit card to order anything online.


Does anyone know the email address to anyone who works in Coroporate Toys R Us?
Q. I have not received a refund through for some items that were charged to my credit card from Toys R Us and this was December 18, 2006. I want my money now. I have begun calling people at corporate Toys R Us and I have reported them to the BBB.

A. I do not know anyone personally who works at the Corporate HQ of Toy R Us...but you can try checking this link:http://www10.toysrus.com/index.cfm?lb=1

And click on the "contact us" link for further instructions.

You said that you filed a complaint with the BBB. You may want to contact them in writing instead of email. Email addresses are not always published on-line due to privacy laws.

Here's the BBB report and it also listed the Corporate HQ address in Wayne, NJ:http://www.trenton.bbb.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&ComID=0221000029003690

Send them a certified letter in writing.

Hope this helps!

God Bless....


How long does it take to get a refund on a credit/debut card?
Q. I purchased a toy from Toys R' Us on Saturday and used Credit on my debut card. I took it back on Monday and got a full refund. They gave me a receipt and it was refunded back on my credit/debut card. It is now going to be Friday and still it has not showed up in my bank account. How long does it take to get a refund on a credit/debut card appear in my bank account? Thanks in advance!

A. It usually only takes 2-3 business days so I hope you still have the credit receipt. You should call your credit card company and tell them you are expecting a credit for this purchase and they can tell you the hold up.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment